Raspberry Ginger White Sangria
Mix up this gorgeous summer sangria featuring ginger, cinnamon and a hint of mint for any occasion.
MAKES: 1 liter
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup organic white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Ginger
- 2 cups fresh summer berries (such as blackberries, blueberries, halved strawberries, raspberries)
- 1 bottle Riesling or Pinot Grigio (750 ml/1 liter)
- 2 Simply Organic® Cinnamon Sticks, halved
- 1 lemon or orange, sliced
- fresh mint leaves for a garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce the heat and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and whisk in the ginger. Set aside to cool.
- In a 1-liter carafe, add the berries, lemon or orange slices, halved cinnamon sticks, cooled simple syrup and white wine.
- Carefully stir the sangria (be careful not to crush the berries). Let the sangria rest in the fridge for at least an hour (up to 24 hours) before serving. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- You’ll have about 1⁄3 cup wine leftover after adding it to the carafe.
Simply Organic® Ground Ginger
Our A-grade ginger root powder offers the perfect snap of spiciness.