Greek Grilled Pitas with Olive Tapenade
Light and easy, these crispy grilled pitas are topped with a Greek-inspired olive tapenade, plus fresh arugula, tomatoes and feta cheese.
SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 2 cups pitted Kalamata olives
- 12 water-softened sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (plus more if needed)
- 6 whole-grain pitas
- Extra virgin olive oil (for brushing pitas)
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Optional: oregano and red pepper, for garnish
To make the tapenade:
- Into a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine all tapenade ingredients except oil.
- Pulse until pureed. With the motor running, slowly add olive oil.
- Scrape bowl and process again, adding a bit more oil if needed to create a spreadable paste.
To grill the pitas:
- Brush both sides of pita with olive oil.
- Grill 1 minute and rotate halfway to make crisscross marks. Grill 1 more minute, turn over and repeat on the other side.
To top the pitas:
- Spread tapenade evenly over pitas.
- Top with feta cheese, then tomatoes, arugula and green onions.
- Sprinkle with oregano and red pepper, if desired.
Simply Organic® Oregano
Extra fancy, organic Mediterranean oregano with a high oil content for potent flavor.
Simply Organic® Ground Black Pepper
Organic Indian Malabar pepper, to lend a familiar (but extra tasty) bite to any dish.
Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper
Organic chili peppers crushed for adding lively heat to sauces, pizzas and grilled foods.